What should I expect during my visit?
- Our friendly FRM Staff will greet you, or have a sign indicating we are with clients and will be with you shortly.
- You will complete our New Client Intake Form, if this is your first visit, or if you have any information needing updated.
- Our professional massage therapist who will be serving you will kindly guide you through the process & ask questions to clarify what you are needing addressed during today’s session.
Do I have to undress completely?
- We always encourage clients to undress only to their level of comfort, and we drape for modesty.
I forgot to shave! I’m so embarrassed. What do I do?
- While we understand the societal pressure of a fresh clean shave, it isn’t practical, nor necessary. There is absolutely nothing wrong with hair; your body was designed that way! Come as you are!
Can my child receive services, and if so, what types? Do I need to provide anything for this?
- Yes, your child may receive standard services with either Caitlin or Dawn, depending on your child’s age. We offer services for children ranging from newborn all the way up through age 17.
- We do not currently offer any additional specialty or luxe services for children (ie: warm basalt stones, scrubs, etc.). Please check back for any updates to child-friendly specialty and/or luxe treatment services.
- While it is not required by the State of Kansas at this time, First Response Wellness requests all clients under the age of 18 have a parent/guardian review our intake notice & sign our consent form to receive service.
- Please indicate any and all medical conditions and/or concerns, including any allergies and/or sensitivities your child has. This includes any birth complications, surgeries and procedures, food allergies, seasonal allergies, etc.
- We do use 100% pure therapeutic grade essential oils backed by Seed-to-Seal promise for the safest aromatherapy & therapeutic support. We are mindful to use child-friendly oils diffused during session and for any topical applications.
Do you accept insurance?
- We do not bill your insurance.
- If you’d like to use your HSA or similar card, we have been able to accept that form of payment for many clients. We provide you a receipt to use for your own medical record keeping & documentation.
- You can also contact your health insurance company and see if you qualify for reimbursement from them for therapeutic services. If so, we will provide you a receipt for the session.
- We do not send invoices for sessions to your insurance company as we require payment before or at time of service.
Do I need to be a first responder in order to receive services?
- No, you do not. While we are passionate about serving our first responder family, we also provide service for the communities they serve as well.
What forms of payment do you take?
- We take card and cash. Checks are taken on case-by-case basis.